Xgreen 2017 : Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Large Scale Distributed Systems
May 14-17, 2017, Madrid, Spain
Laurent Lefevre, Inria, Ecole Normale Superieure of Lyon,
Marcos Dias de Assuncao, Inria, Ecole Normale Superieure of Lyon,
Anne-Cecile Orgerie, CNRS, France - firstname.lastname@example.org
Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA
Ivan Rodero, Rutgers University, USA
Call for Papers
Workshop description :
Improving the energy efficiency and sustainability of large-scale distributed systems (e.g. data centres and Clouds) is a key challenge for both academic and industrial organizations.
After the success of ExtremeGreen2013
and ExtremeGreen2014 and ExtremeGreen2015 workshops, the Xgreen2017 workshop will focus on scientific and industrial approaches and solutions that provide original solutions in terms of energy savings and energy efficiency. Clean-slate approaches and innovative solutions breaking conventional approaches are welcome. The workshop also welcomes submissions of work-in-progress papers on innovations in energy efficiency of large-scale distributed systems. The authors are also encouraged to provide preliminary results that demonstrate the originality and possible impact of the proposed solutions. Submissions will be reviewed by an international group of experts in distributed systems and energy efficiency.
Topics of interests :
- Energy efficiency of data centers
- Green clouds
- Edge and fog energy efficient computing
- Green networks for large scale distributed systems
- Energy efficiency of storage solutions
- Energy-aware design and programming
- Energy-efficient hardware and software architectures
- Sustainable solutions in large scale distributed systems
- Energy-efficient resource management tools
- Energy-efficient scalable approaches
- Experimental results of Green solutions
- Renewable energies for large scale systems
- Energy efficiency for petascale and exascale
- Power/performance/resilience tradeoffs
- Coupling of servers and electrical optimizations
- Energy efficiency under intermittent power sources constraints
- Petascale and Post-Peta scale sustainable systems
Important dates :
- Papers due on : January 20, 2017 (extended deadline)
- Author Notification : February 15, 2017
- Final Papers Due : March 1, 2017 (Firm Deadline)
- Xgreen Workshop : 1 day between May 14 and 17, 2017
Papers submission :
Submitted papers must be 8 pages long maximum.
Authors must submit their articles through the submission system : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccgrid2017 .
Select the track "Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Large Scale Distributed Systems" while submitting your paper.
Program Commitee (TBC):