Born July 19 1970
married, 2 children
- Software engineer / developer / architect, with a broad experience of languages and technologies. Focus on software design and implementation, both procedural and object-oriented.
- System / network development and administration.
- IT project management, Agile project management (CSM).
- Languages: C, C++, Python, Java, Ruby, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- XML, (X)HTML, XSLT, RDF.
- Relational modeling, SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres).
- Linux and GNU tools expert
INRIA Rhône-Alpes / LIP lab, ENS-Lyon, France - Since 2007
Design and development of distributed and network software, in the Avalon, Graal and Reso teams. Large-scale distributed computer science experiments design and development. Cluster / grid administration.
- Design and development of Execo, a python library for easing the scripting of parallel remote process invocations, conducting experiments, benchmarks, qualification tasks, admin tasks on clusters, grids, clouds.
- Contributions to the DIET middleware for high-performance computing in a heterogeneous and distributed environment (workstations, clusters, grids, clouds).
- Design and development of Pilgrim, a system / network / applicative metrology and performance prediction framework.
- Studying performance measurements for high performance networks and distributed applications, especially in the context of grid computing. Design and development of several tools for high speed (10 Gbit/s) network traffic capture and analysis: Metroflux.
- Administration and development of the INRIA forge.
- Administration and development of Grid5000, french national experimental reconfigurable grid. Member of Grid5000 technical comity.
- Involved in design and development of bandwidth reservation and control tools for Grid5000: Bandwidth On Demand.
- Supervision of the Petaflow France/Japan network link.
Steria, Lyon, France - 2006-2007
Managed and operated the maintenance and migration (from Tru64 to RHEL4) of a supervision framework developed internally for the SNCF (french national railway operator) and used in production for the supervision of about 3000 critical servers running 5 different operating systems in various versions, across France.
- Large cleaning and restructuring of existing code base and build toolchain.
- Maintenance of production systems and migration to linux RHEL 4.
- Technologies: C/Unix, Tru64, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX. SGBD Ingres 2 / 3. SQL / ESQL. C shell, Bourne shell, Korn shell, Lex/Yacc, SVN.
ICTT lab, École centrale de Lyon, France - 2005-2006
Research engineer / trainee
Preparation and defense of my master degree (engineer degree of the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers"). Research focus: Computer Supported Collaborative Work with mobile devices.
- Design and development of a distributed object middleware for Computer Supported Collaborative Work.
- Based on a synchronous group communication system (reliable multicast).
- Testing the virtual synchrony model on mobile devices.
- Technologies: Java (J2ME CDC/CLDC, J2EE) on PC and PocketPC (IBM J9 VM) platforms. JGroups, Log4J, Xerces, Ant, JUnit, JDBC, Eclipse, SVN.
- Ported JGroups to J2ME/CDC.
- Java graphical toolkits evaluation for PocketPC development: AWT, Swing, LwVCL, Thinlet, XUI, SWT.
École Normale Supérieure Lyon, France - 2004-2005
System, network, security engineer
Day to day maintenance and development of campus network and services.
- Migration of mail servers to open source solutions.
- Migration of campus to network provider backbone connexion.
- In charge of campus computing resources security
- Technologies: Unix system administration (Linux Debian, Solaris 7/8), network administration, Unix services: Postfix, Dovecot, OpenLdap, Apache, Bind, Squid proxy, MySQL, Oracle. PERL and shell scripting.
Ice-Development, Lyon, France - 2002-2003
Lead the development of the Wincast software suite used in one hundred offices and at the headquarters of a hairdressing brand. Software composed of: check-out module, stock management, replication to headquarters, where incomes are monitored day by day.
- Requirements, technical specification, software architecture, team leading (4 developers and two contractors).
- Development of replication mechanisms between hairdressing salons and headquarters, graphical interface engine, specific financial functions library.
- Technologies: Visual Basic 6, SQL Server 2000 / MSDE, OLE-DB, Win32 API, Active Reports, VSS.
Widescreen Games WSG, Lyon, France - 1999-2002
Lead the R&D team. Managed the development of software libraries and tools used internally at the WSG game development studio.
- In charge of the 3D rendering engine, the sound engine, the software services layer, the logic engine for the development of games on PC and Playstation 2.
- Designed and implemented the 3D engine (built on top of Renderware) and the sound engine on both PC and Playstation 2.
- Main technologies: C/C++, Visual Studio, GCC, CodeWarrior, VSS, GNU tools, Python, DirectX, Win32, STL, MFC, RenderWare.
Infogrames / Atari, Lyon, France - 1996-1999
- Level-design, logic programming (1996-1997).
- Quality assurance, CD-ROM mastering (1997).
- 3D Engine development.
- Technologies: C/C++, Visual Studio, GCC, MFC, Win32, embedded game console systems.
- French: native speaker.
- English: professional working proficiency. Cambridge first certificate in English, grade A.