DIET Cloud and Proxmox
The purpose of the current article is to present the Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE) and the DIET Cloud extension that can be used to interact with this PVE solution. This extension is a contribution provided by the NewGeneration-SR company.
Proxmox is a complete open source server virtualization management software, based on KVM virtualization and container-based virtualization. It manages KVM virtual machines, Linux containers (LXC), storage, virtualized networks, and HA clusters.
Theses architectures have the following components described below :
- Cluster PVE : Several clustered servers PVE.
- PVE : Hypervisor Proxmox.
- API : Proxmox VE uses a REST like API. This API use JSON as data format. The whole API is formally defined using JSON Schema.
For this experiment, we plugged the Diet to the API offered by PVE. As an extension to Diet platform we added a Cori based on « curl » command line tool. This Cori works both above cases:
- The Cori use The Json library JsonCpp that allows manipulating JSON values.
- By using the SeD Cori Proxmox, the Diet user can monitor and manage its entire infrastructure.